Emergency services were called to a grass fire on private property at South Head Road, Moruya, about 11am on Sunday, January 8.
Moruya Fire and Rescue and NSW Rural Fire Service crews from Moruya and Broulee attended.
A spokesman for the NSW Rural Fire Service said the fire was spotted from a fire tower and was quickly contained to about 1 hectare.
He said that the fire originated from a camp-fire and the campers had originally extinguished the fire with dirt but it had smoldered underground only to reignite.
He said there was no damage to property.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.