The Eurobodalla and Bega Valley shires have secured an exciting $61.59 million for 25 deserving projects.
On Wednesday, June 30, Member for Bega Andrew Constance announced the successful projects who applied for Stage Two of the Bushfire Local Economic Recovery Fund, co-funded by the Australian and NSW Goverments.
Mr Constance said the projects would deliver important infrastructure improvements, environmental results, industry and business development along with social and community outcomes.
"This fund was all about driving our local economic and social recovery, and it certainly delivers that for our region," Mr Constance said.
"Whilst the projects announced today are just one part of the complete recovery journey of the Bega Valley and Eurobodalla, it will help us to continue repairing the fabric of our communities.
"These projects will see our region transformed over the coming months and years, and I am excited about where we are headed in terms of our recovery locally.".
For projects that missed out on funding, there will be another chance to apply for the Australian Government's $280 million Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants, which is expected to open in early July 2021.
Projects funded include:
- $9,611,992 Cobargo Community Development
Revitalise the Cobargo CBD (Eastern and Western projects combined)
- $9,794,916 Land Managers Bega Showground
Create the Bega Showground Community Centre
- $1,048,399 South Coast Health and Sustainability Alliance
Tilba Halls Future Resilience Project
- $5,000,000 Eurobodalla Shire Council
Complete stage two of the Mogo Adventure Trails Hub
- $230,000 Mogo Village Business Chamber Ltd
Phoenix Community Wellbeing Program
- $3,268,818 Wagonga Local Aboriginal Land Council
Muliyaan Cultural and Wildlife Centre
- $4,524,317 Eden Community Access Centre Inc
Develop the Eden Mountain Bike Hub
- $7,276,190 Narooma School of Arts & Soldiers' War Memorial Hall Inc.
Construct the Narooma Arts and Community Centre
- $998,522 The Family Place Inc
ReGrowth: Connect, Create, Perform
- $336,317 Four Winds Concerts Inc
Improve the Four Winds cultural precinct in Barragga Bay, Bermagui
- $4,896,425 Cobargo Bushfire Resilience Centre Inc.
Create the Cobargo Bushfire Resilience Centre
- $1,730,515 PlayAbility Incorporated
Establish a Playability inclusion hub
- $476,252 Bermagui Preschool Cooperative Society Ltd
Bermagui Preschool Therapy and Counselling Room Project
- $947,803 The Crossing Land Education Centre
Community led recovery and regeneration education hub for South East NSW
- $383,133 Marymead
Regenerate: NSW family and relationship counselling
- $461,625 Lions Club of Tathra Inc.
Tathra safer pathways project
- $450,000 Bega Valley Shire Council
Upgrade Barclay Street Sportsground
- $426,015 Bega Valley Shire Council
Upgrade Bermagui Indoor Sports Stadium
- $600,000 Bega Valley Shire Council
Bega Valley Shire tourism support program
- $300,000 Bega Valley Shire Council
Support small businesses in the Bega Valley
- $766,983 Bega Local Aboriginal Land Council
Create Bega Aboriginal Community multipurpose workshop
- $3,914,356 Narooma Mountain Bike Club Inc
Construction of the Narooma Mountain Bike Trails Hub
- $2,071,465 Campbell Page Limited
EcoCrews in Eurobodalla and the Bega Valley
- $2,078,769 Mogo Local Aboriginal Land Council
Reconstruct the Mogo Local Aboriginal Land Council Office