The RFS has urged the entire South Coast to be prepared for Saturday, January 4, when weather conditions are set to deteriorate.
Incident controller Superintendent Mark Williams said everyone must prepare now - and that fleeing to a beach or evacuation centre was not a bushfire survival plan.
"If they haven't already been impacted and are not prepared to be there, they need to follow their bushfire survival plan - leave town entirely, go to stay with family and friends, or a major town centre" he said.
"Evacuation centres and beaches are a place of last resort, not a bush fire survival plan.
"They are for a last case scenario. If you are planning on that, it would be better to get out entirely well in advance [of Saturday].
"Evacuation centres are for evacuees and displaced persons only. They are not places to congregate and should not be part of your bushfire survival plan."
Mr Williams has strong advice for anyone planning to stay and defend their homes in the video below.
Mr Williams said homes which had already been affected by fire may be safe to return to, but there were no guarantees.
"If their place has already been impacted by fire, as long as the property has been assessed, it's no longer burning and roads are open, they should be safe back in there," he said.
"There are no guarantees. Places like Malua Bay beach are a neighborhood safer place.
"These are places of last resort. It is safe to go there if your plan has not been successful. We can't guarantee there will be toilets or running water in these places during the fire."
He said food and fuel supplies were being organised by Emergency Operation Centres along the coast while the Princes Highway remains open.
"Food supplies will happen," he said.
Neighbourhood safer places for the Eurobodalla:
- Bodalla Bowling Club Potato Point Road, Bodalla
- Hanging Rock Oval Cnr Beach Road & Hanging Rock Road, Catalina
- Malua Bay Beach Reserve George Bass Drive, Malua Bay (South of the Surf Club)
- Moruya Showground Albert Street, Moruya
- Bill Smyth Oval McMillan Road, Narooma
- Wharf Street Car Park Wharf Street, Nelligen (adjacent to the wharf)
- Jack Buckley Park Sunpatch Parade, Tomakin
- Kyla Oval Hector McWilliams Drive, Tuross Head
- Tilba Tilba Sportsground Corkhill Drive, Tilba Tilba
- Maloneys Beach Cnr Maloneys Drive and Hibiscus Close, Maloneys Beach
- Dalmeny Campground Noble Parade, Dalmeny
- Nerrigundah RFS Station Building Gulph Street, Nerrigundah
- Tin Pot Farm 235 Darts Road, Tin Pot Eurobodalla
- NSW RFS Training Building Eurobodalla Training Ground, Bimbimbie Road, Mogo
- Potato Point Intersection of Long Point Street and Bodalla Road, Potato Point
- Mossy Point Foreshore Intersection of Annetts Parade, Pacific St and Surfside Ave, Mossy Point
- Moruya Heads, Preddy's Wharf Preddy's Wharf Rd, Moruya Head Eurobodalla
- Moruya Airport and North Head Drive North Head Drive, Moruya
- Tuross head Country Club carpark 40 Monash Ave, Tuross Head