The South Durras Big 4 Caravan Park was evacuated early on Monday morning after advice from the Rural Fire Service.
Caravan Park proprietor Ken Buckley said the 12 families staying at the park evacuated without much coaxing.
"The Fires Near Me app suggested that residents of South Durras should leave now and head for Batemans Bay," he said.
"As a proprietor of a tourist caravan park in South Durras we immediately informed all guest that the evacuation advice had been received."
Mr Buckley said all 14 caravan parks between Bawley Point and South Durras were evacuated.
The evacuation advice was a precaution according to Mr Buckley.
:"The winds for us at South Durras were favourable and mainly from the South West, so the actual fire front remained 15 kilometres to the North West," he said.
"It's burnt out over 17,000 hectares and is still not under control."
All three of the main caravan parks in South Durras were evacuated along with many of the local residents and elderly.
"Some locals stayed to assist with spot fires if necessary," Mr Buckley said.
"I stayed to ensure all of our guests were safe. We ensured the property was safe and ready in the event of a fire, so all the water tanks were full including the prime water tankers and pumps. We turned off unnecessary power and ensured all gas bottles were turned off.
"We also had to contact incoming guests that we were closed for business until further notice."