Daffodil Day 2019
Thank you to our Batemans Bay community for all your support on Friday at the Bridge Plaza. This year's NSW Cancer Council Daffodil Day raised $1,513. Lorae and I thank you all for your generosity.
Brad Rossiter, Surfside
Police arrest 'excessive'
A reader disagrees with the number of police involved in the 20-minute chase through Batemans Bay, Batehaven and Catalina on Monday after a female driver failed to stop when directed; video online.
"We saw the car being stopped by the police and didn't think much of it. Then over 10 minutes, six police cars came past. Near the roundabout the lady came back the other way with all the police behind her. A bit excessive. They tamed her and threw spike strips on the road out the front of the high school. I just pray it opens up a conversation for the way police treat people, even though this isn't overly over the top. Five to six men to get one woman out is a bit much."
Concerns about Coachhouse site
I have concerns about the proposed development at the current Coachhouse Resort site:
- Loss of amenity for existing residents of Hanging Rock.
- Huge increase in traffic flow, especially around the sports ground and surrounding neighbourhood. This will require installation of traffic lights at the current (only new) roundabout.
- Excessive "bulk" of the development - inconsistent with surrounding structures, and out of character with the Batemans Bay "theme".
- Only a few of the proposed apartments will have any outlook. Most will have an opposing apartment block as a "view".
- Loss of the existing resort! I have stayed there many times, and have thought what a wonderful advertisement for the Batemans Bay lifestyle. I have often recommended it to friends and associates. All who have followed my recommendation have been extremely positive. No proposed alternative? Very poor forward planning indeed!
- Proposed basements below current sea level. No allowance for increasing sea levels?
- No additional parking for RVs, caravans etc?
While the idea of an aged persons' home is admirable, there are many far more suitable locations for this type of development in the Batemans Bay area. I feel the developers are capitalising on the location to try to persuade the aged - with glossy pictures of the (few, and very expensive) sea-view apartments, when most will have no outlook.
Name and address supplied
Support your WIRES group
Mid-South Coast WIRES group is raising much-needed funds to help our wildlife at the RETURN AND EARN bottle and can recycling system from until 24th November. You will be able to donate using the Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma machines.
Our team of volunteers depends on the generosity of the Eurobodalla community to raise funds to care for the vast array of native wildlife in need.
We help the local wildlife all year round but we are coming into our busiest time. Baby birds will be needing care, not to mention young wallabies and eastern grey joeys, who have lost their mums due to vehicle collisions. There are currently already 16 joeys in care. All need special attention for months, with expensive special formula, as well as, lots of love.
So when you return your bottles and cans in Batemans Bay, Moruya or Narooma please select to donate to our local Mid-South Coast WIRES group and help them help our wildlife.