In early December, 16 athletes from Euro Coast Athletics competed in more than 60 events at the Mid South Coast Zone Championships at Sanctuary Point.
All athletes qualified for one or more events at the Regional Championships, to be held at Griffith in February 2019.
Those competing hope to qualify for state level at Sydney Olympic Park in March.
Six of these athletes qualifying for 23 events at regional are coached by Broulee athlete Matthew Johnsen, who is an IAAF Level 2 Advanced coach in Middle Distance, now coach mentoring one of our athletes – level 1 coach Harrison Gilligan.
- Lucas Borg - u/8 5th 60m Hurdles, 5th Long Jump, 1st 70m
- Jacob Borg – u/9 1st 100m, 2nd 60m Hurdles, 1st 70m, 1st 200m
- Emily Borg – u/11 5th 60m Hurdles, 5th Triple Jump, 6th Discus
- Marley Camp – u/11 4th 200m, 2nd High Jump
- Miah Chatfield – u/10 1st 60m Hurdles, 2nd 100m, 2nd 70m, 3rd 200m
- Ben Fish – u/15 1st 100m, 2nd long jump, 1st Javelin, 1st 200m, 1st Triple jump, 1st High Jump
- Vaughn Gilligan u/13 1st 1500m, 800m, 400m 2nd Shot put , 5th 100m, 4th Discus
- Selby Johnston – u/10 5th 60m Hurdles, 3rd Discus, 5th 800m, 3rd Shot Put,
- Tiffany Johnston – u/12 1st Shot Put, 2nd Discus, 2nd Javelin, 3rd High Jump
- Maizi Minihan – u/8 2nd 60m Hurdles, 2nd 100m, 4th Discus, 6th Long jump
- Annabelle Paull – u/11 4th Shot Put, 3rd Javelin, 8th Discus, 4th Long Jump
- Cameron Paull – u/10 3rd 60m Hurdles, 2nd 400m, 1st 800m
- Ryan Smith – u/14 2nd 1500m, 2nd Discus, 2nd 800m, 2nd Javelin
- Lachlan Smith – u/17 3rd Discus, 1st Javelin,
- Jundamarra Smith – u/9 1st 400m, 6th Shot put, 3rd 800m, 5th 200m
- Jaleesa Smith – u/12 1st 100m, 2nd long jump, 4th 200m
- Euro Coast also competed unsuccessfully in the 4x100m relay events.