Australians warned not to use air loungers in water after near drownings

By Esther Han
Updated January 6 2017 - 6:08am, first published January 5 2017 - 5:48pm
Nevil Whitlock, 76, became engulfed in an air lounger on Christmas Day.  Photo: Supplied
Nevil Whitlock, 76, became engulfed in an air lounger on Christmas Day. Photo: Supplied
Hollie was floating in an air lounger on Christmas Day when the fabric split and she disappeared through the middle. Photo: Supplied
Hollie was floating in an air lounger on Christmas Day when the fabric split and she disappeared through the middle. Photo: Supplied
Hollie's mother Anthea Chester wrote a Facebook post warning others about the dangers of the air lounger which has since gone viral. Photo: Supplied
Hollie's mother Anthea Chester wrote a Facebook post warning others about the dangers of the air lounger which has since gone viral. Photo: Supplied

Consumer protection authorities are warning Australians not to use air loungers in water after two people nearly died while floating on them in backyard pools on Christmas Day.

Subscribe now for unlimited access.

$0/

(min cost $0)

or signup to continue reading

See subscription options

Get the latest Batemans Bay news in your inbox

Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.

We care about the protection of your data. Read our Privacy Policy.