Popular pubs, gyms and the CIT have been added to the growing list of exposure sites after 19 new cases of coronavirus were identified in the ACT on Monday.
Club Lime in Gungahlin, F45 Training in Barton and the Civic Pub on Lonsdale Street are among the potentially high-risk environments visited by someone who has been exposed to COVID-19.
ACT Health added the 27 new exposure sites late on Monday night and visitors to those locations during the specific times are considered a contact and required to isolate.
ACT Health Minister Rachel Stephen-Smith confirmed there were positive cases who had visited the CIT Reid and CIT Bruce campuses, but did not say if they were new cases or had already been included in the 28 known cases.
"Any staff, student or visitors who attended either campus at the times indicated are required to follow the directions relevant to the classifications identified," a letter to CIT students and staff said.
"ACT Health have determined that the individuals were present at multiple different times on Tuesday 10, Wednesday 11 and Thursday 12, August, 2021."
ACT Health will announce new cases at an 11.45am briefing each day. Health officials are briefed on the latest Covid positive cases after 9am.
Anyone who visited Club Lime Mawson on Monday, August 8 during the peak time of 4.30pm to 6.30pm or Club Lime Gungahlin from 5am to 6.30am Wednesday, August 11 are among those considered contacts.
The Canberra Institute of Technology has been identified as an exposure site for several days last week.
The late night announcement of exposure sites created confusion on social media on Monday with, Greenway Views, noticeably absent from the list of new exposure sites.
The Tuggeranong aged care facility was locked down this week after a staff member tested positive to coronavirus having worked three shifts while potentially infectious.
Coronavirus restrictions are set to change in the ACT on Tuesday as health authorities work to control the growing outbreak.
Chief health officer Dr Kerryn Coleman said the increased numbers reported early this week were to be expected as people had been infectious in the community prior to lockdown.
- Everything you need to know about the ACT's lockdown extension
- Rapid testing needed for ACT aged care outbreak, experts say
- How you can help friends and neighbours stuck in isolation
- 'Not the time' for Parliament to sit: Barr
- Building site hit with six infringements after lockdown breaches
- Covid casual contact accused of 'flagrant disregard' for orders after refusing test
Canberrans will remain in lockdown for an extra two weeks following an announcement from ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr on Monday.
Our coverage of the health and safety aspects of this outbreak of COVID-19 in the ACT and the lockdown is free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support. You can also sign up for our newsletters for regular updates.