Firefighters have praised a man who drove his burning car out from under his house at Lilli Pilli on Monday, August 26.
Malua Bay RFS and Batemans Bay Fire and Rescue helped to extinguish the blaze after being called just after 9am.
A Batemans Bay Fire and Rescue spokesperson said the fire may have been caused by an electrical issue.
It caused substantial damage to the rear of the car, but the owner's quick actions may have saved his home.
The spokesperson said the owner "did the right thing, got the vehicle away from his house and awaited for emergency services".
"He (the owner) said it went up very quickly.
"He could have lost his home too."
The spokesperson said it took some time to extinguish the flames.
A Moruya Fire Control spokesperson said the cause may have been battery-related.
It was understood the driver was uninjured.