A 50-year-old man has been taken to hospital after suffering chemical burns in what is understood to be a workplace accident at Kylie Crescent, Batemans Bay.
A NSW ambulance spokesperson said the man received superficial burns.
She said he was taken to Batemans Bay Hospital at 9.40am, May 14, and was in a stable condition.
A Batemans Bay Fire and Rescue spokesman said there was a minor spill of organic peroxide inside a truck.
He said the driver was overcome by fumes while cleaning the truck.
He was initially treated by Fire and Rescue for breathing difficulties and exposure to the chemical before being treated by paramedics.
"Fire and Rescue commenced to identify how much of the peroxide there was in the truck," the spokesman said.
"We achieved this by removing 10 boxes (of car parts) from the rear of the truck.
"Crews neutralized the peroxide by washing the truck with soap and water - peroxide is acid and soap is alkaline.
"We made the area safe and handed it back to owner."
He said it was important drivers tighten lids and secure boxes in vehicles when transporting chemical goods.