Operation Slow Down starts at 12.01am on Friday (2 October 2015), and will continue until 11.59pm on Monday 5 October 2015.
Double demerits will be in place over the entire long weekend for all speeding, seatbelt and motorcycle-helmet offences
Member for Bega Andrew Constance is urging motorists to remain vigilant on the roads this October Long Weekend as Operation Slow Down kicks into gear.
Since the start of the year, 259 people have died on NSW roads - 26 more deaths than this time last year.
Mr Constance said accidents can happen in a second and urged all motorists to take extra precautions on the region's roads.
"Please don't become a statistic, slow down, rest, put your mobile phone in the boot and enjoy your weekend," Mr Constance said.
"There are few greater tragedies than losing a loved one in a road accident, so I am urging everyone to take responsibility and look out for one another."
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.