Fire crews attended a small fire in scrub adjacent to the Batemans Bay High School on Monday, January 30.
A spokesman for NSW Fire and Rescue Batemans Bay said crews were called to a fire situated between the high school and the BMX track, on George Bass Drive, at about 12.50am, on Monday morning.
He said two fire trucks attended and the blaze was quickly brought under control. An area of 30 metres by 50 metres was burnt.
A spokesman for the NSW Rural Fire Service said a total fire ban was in place today and there a severe fire-danger warning issued.
He said care must be taken when disposing of cigarette butts and reminds the public to report butts thrown from cars at the NSW Government’s Report A Tosser website.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.