Your new company
Hays is currently partnered with a government agency to recruit an Assistant Director Risk - Fraud and Control Advisory in a temporary capacity.
Your new role
The Risk Advisory Branch supports the Agency to assess and manage risks. The branch supports risk owners to identify and manage risks inherent in their operating activities and strategic initiatives. This role is an important team leadership position and will have delegated authority and responsibility to coordinate detailed or sensitive projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with Assistant Directors across the branch and other Agency stakeholders to maintain a robust, evidence-based, fraud prevention and control program of work.
- Working with Risk Partners to support areas of the business to analyse risk, identify control gaps and develop treatment plans to support an uplift in the risk environment.
- Working with project teams to facilitate the identification of fraud prevention strategies within strategic project activities
- Providing specialist fraud advice to strategic projects and work plan initiatives.
- Developing risk plans to enhance fraud and compliance prevention and detection mechanisms.
- Ensuring project deliverables are aligned to Commonwealth requirements and best practice.
- Contributing to strategic assessments to identify systemic issues, strategies, training gaps and solutions.
- Managing projects relating to fraud prevention and control, providing leadership across the organisation to ensure an ongoing commitment to eliminating fraud and sharp practices.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in would be highly desirable.
- Experience working within structured frameworks, policy or legislation.
- Experience in banking, finance, economics, project management or highly skilled IT/data management are preferable.
- Strong forward planning skills, detail orientation and analytical skills with the drive to take initiative and be accountable for deliverables.
- Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- It is highly desirable that applicants have an understanding of or lived experience in the field of disability.
Due to the nature of our client, for this role you MUST be an Australian Citizen.
What you'll get in return
This role offers you an attractive rate of $585 per day plus super, an initial 12-month contract with the possibility of an extension and full-time hours.
Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Geelong based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment.
What you need to do now
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV. For further information about this role, please contact:
Ryan Twose T: 03 5226 8000 E: Ryan.Twose@hays.com.au
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a similar role in Geelong or Western Victoria, please send a copy of your CV and an introduction through to the email address above.
LHS 297508 #2671078