Digital Subscription Terms and Conditions - Australian Community Media
1. About Digital Subscriptions
1. A digital subscription provides you with unlimited access to an Australian Community Media (ACM) website.
2. In order to create or activate your digital subscription, you will be required to create and/or link your subscription to an email address. The login details associated with your digital membership and/or digital subscription including username and password must not be shared with any other person.
3. If any misuse of your login details is detected or suspected by Fairfax (including the concurrent use of your login details and/or the use of your login details on more than the maximum allowable concurrent sessions), your subscription may be terminated and you will not be eligible for a refund.
4. For more information, FAQ or to contact us via the "help link on the relevant ACM website.
2. Processing and Payment
1. ACM will process your digital subscription purchase as promptly as possible. Your payment details must be verified before your subscription can be activated.
2. If your initial payment authorisation is revoked, your subscription will be terminated. We reserve the right to reject any subscription order at any time.
3. Digital subscriptions renew automatically unless you cancel according to our cancellation policy (see clause 11 below). Payment for digital subscriptions will be direct debited from your provided credit or debit account or from your nominated PayPal account.
4. A verification charge of $1 dollar will be sent to your nominated bank account/credit card. The charge will be voided after the verification has been completed.
5. It is your responsibility to provide valid payment details, and ensure that your payment details are up to date. You can manage these online through the My Account section of the website.
6. If your credit card expires or your payment method is otherwise invalid, your subscription may automatically be cancelled and unlimited access revoked.
7. Unless specified otherwise in the Cancellation policy, all charges are non-refundable.
8. If for some unforeseen reason your complete access to our services is unavailable for a continuous period of more than 24 hours you may be eligible for a credit of a pro-rated amount for the period of the service outage. For avoidance of doubt if you are unable to access our services due to problems not related to Fairfax then you are not eligible for a refund or credit of any nature.
1. When you purchase a digital subscription, you agree to pay the price stated at the time of your order. You also agree to the billing frequency specified at the time of your order.
2. Any discount eligibility is determined at the time of order. Discounts cannot be applied retrospectively. All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
3. ACM reserves the right to change the prices and fees at any time. We will provide you with 14 days' notice if the regular rate of a digital subscription changes from what was stated at the time of your order.
4. Price changes will take effect from your next billing date after the notice period. If You do not wish to continue your Digital Subscription at the revised price, you may cancel your subscription before the end of your current direct debit pay cycle. See clause 11.
4. Third party fees and charges
1. If you have purchased your digital subscription through a third party (not directly through ACM), these Digital Subscription Terms and Conditions of Sale may not apply to you. ACM is not liable to you for any claims related to purchases made through third parties. Please contact the third party directly to address these claims.
2. When you use your digital subscription, you may incur other additional changes, such as telecommunications fees, data fees or service provider fees. You are responsible for paying any additional charges.
1. ACM may at times offer special promotions and offers. The specific terms and conditions of each offer will be stated at the time of the promotion and will apply in addition to these Digital Subscription Terms and Conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between the terms and conditions of a special offer and these Digital Subscription Terms and Conditions, these Digital Subscription Terms and Conditions will apply.
2. You may be required to provide your payment details when you sign up for a promotion. If this is a direct debit offer, your subscription will be automatically renewed after your initial payment at the standard subscription rate unless you cancel.
3. From time to time ACM offers promotional items with its digital & bundle subscriptions. From time to time and at its discretion, ACM will communicate with its subscribers about the availability of such items and how to redeem them.
4. From time to time ACM offers promotional pricing that will apply for the the term agreed when accepting that promotional offer. Pricing will automatically resume at your standard subscription rate unless you cancel.
1. You can cancel your digital subscription at any time by visiting the My Account section of the website.
2. Digital subscriptions are non-refundable.
3. When you cancel, you cancel only future charges associated with your subscription. You may notify us of your intent to cancel at any time, but the cancellation will become effective at the end of your current billing period. You will continue to have the same access and benefits until the end of your current billing period.
4. If you cancel a standard term subscription, you may be entitled to a pro rata refund for the unused portion of your subscription.
6. ACM right to change digital products
1. ACM reserves the right to modify the content, inclusions, type and availability of any digital product at any time. In the event your subscription package changes, you will be given 14 days notification prior to when you would need to make a decision to cancel and not be affected. Your package change will automatically take place from your next billing cycle.
2. We reserve the right under special circumstances to enable free access to our subscriber content for a limited period of time. During this time subscribers will not be eligible for a refund.
3. If any or all of our digital products are temporarily unavailable, you will not automatically be entitled to receive a refund. We reserve the right to issues refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future.
7. Trial terms
1. If we grant you access to a free trial subscription and you do not cancel or opt out of the trial prior to the expiry of the term, you will automatically be converted to a paid subscription upon expiry of the term. You may cancel or opt out of the trial online or by visiting the My Account section of the website.
8. Your Privacy
1. You agree that your name, address, email address, year of birth, postcode, gender and mobile/telephone number will be collected and stored by ACM and used for the purpose of managing Your subscription, communicating with You about Your subscription and to notify You of any associated customer offers or benefits or future subscriptions, unless otherwise notified by you.
1. You agree that any errors made in entering your contact information and order details are your responsibility and ACM is not liable for any consequences that may arise as a result of such errors or incorrect information, including but not limited to sending the subscription to the address as notified by you.
2. To the extent permitted by law, ACM is not liable to you for any loss or damage incurred by you in connection with your subscription, whether direct, consequential, special, indirect or other loss or damage. In any event, ACM's maximum liability to you is limited to the value of the subscription fees paid within the previous twelve months.
10. Your Obligations
1. It is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient clear funds available in your account to allow a debit payment to be made in accordance with a direct debit request.
2. For those with a home delivery component to their subscription, it is your responsibility to notify ACM if your newspaper is not being delivered.
3. It is your responsibility to report to ACM if newspaper deliveries continue to be made and/or payments continue to be deducted, if you believe a cancellation should have been processed.
4. It is your responsibility to check your account statements to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct and notify ACM if you believe you are being billed incorrectly.
5. ACM will not refund past subscription payments if a subscriber has failed to contact ACM directly to cancel, or to report unexpected payments or non-delivery.
1. You agree that all subscriptions provided, benefits accepted or offers made by ACM shall be deemed to be provided in Australia, notwithstanding your location, and the terms of such subscriptions, benefits and offers shall be governed exclusively by New South Wales law, and the Courts of New South Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any such matters that may arise involving or alleged to involve ACM.
2. To the extent applicable, the Fairfax General Conditions of Use also apply to use of ACM Publications in the Fairfax Network by subscribers. Please visit Conditions
3. You acknowledge that these Digital Subscription Terms and Conditions may be modified by ACM from time to time, including but not limited to terms relating to fees and charges, cancellation and modifying your subscription.
4. You will be notified of any changes to these Subscriptions Terms and Conditions by ACM on ACM's Subscriber Services Support webpage. Please visit Support.
In these terms and conditions:
"Australian Community Media", "ACM", "we" or "us" means Rural Press Limited.
"Subscriber", "Customer" or "You" means a person who is a subscriber to an ACM website.