Mystery surrounds the cause of a fire that sparked in a dryer at a Batemans Bay motel this afternoon.
Firefighters were called to extinguish the fire, which was blazing in the laundry room of the motel, located near the Batemans Bay bridge, just after 4pm today.
Batemans Bay Fire and Rescue crew quickly extinguished the fire, which was burning in the dryer.
They then ventilated the room before it was declared safe.
Motel staff said they saw smoke coming out of the room and immediately called the fire brigade.
They are also confused as to how the fire started, as they believed everything was switched off.
The Rural Fire Service and police were also on the scene to assist, and an Ambulance was called, however, no one was injured.