Brief of evidence in Bay sexting

A brief of evidence has been forwarded to the Director of Public Prosecutions following an internal investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct levelled at a former Batemans Bay police officer.

The officer left the force last May but remains at the centre of an internal investigation into sexual misconduct after he allegedly sent naked photographs to female colleagues.

The investigation is being carried out by the Professional Standards Command (PSC), within NSW Police, but is currently on hold.

A NSW police spokeswoman said a brief of evidence had been forwarded to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).

“The PSC investigation has been suspended pending advice from the DPP,” she said.

The DPP office declined to comment.

The Bay Post/Moruya Examiner understands the officer has not been charged.

Last March the Bay Post/Moruya Examiner reported that the officer had sent graphic photographs and lewd text messages to female colleagues.

At the time, the then Far South Coast commander Superintendent Simon Hardman confirmed the officer had been suspended with pay on March 15.

According to the NSW spokeswoman, the officer then resigned from the police force in May last year.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop